Reading life in the rocks
“Reading Life in the Rocks” is an International Work Camp that take place in the area of the Geopark since 2013. Its aim is to recover its rich natural and cultural heritage.
Since 2017 the Working Camp is organised by CRUC, is led by the UNECSO Global Orígens and is places in the village of Talarn.
You can check the list of all the International Work Camps in Catalonia
2021: 8th edition
This edition has proposes to continue with the last edition activities in the municipalities of Talarn, Salàs de Pallars ans Baix Pallars
2019: 7th edition
The volunteers of this project are going to do different tasks in the Orígens Geopark:
- SALÀS de PALLARS: rehabilitating the small church of Sant Cebrià
- SENTERADA: recovering the path that goes from Naens to Bruguet villages
- TALARN: recovering the surroundings of the ice well
Read the news (in Catalan)
2018: 6th edition
The volunteers of this project are going to do different tasks in the Geopark and related to the European Year of Cultural Heritage:
– SALÀS de PALLARS: rehabilitating the small church of Sant Cebrià
– TREMP: recovering the path that goes from Tremp to Claret
– TALARN: recovering the surroundings of the path called La Ruqueta and its stone arcades
2017: 5th edition
This year the Working Camp Reading Life in the Rocks has been organized by CRUC, is led by Conca de Tremp – Montsec Geopark project and it is going to take place in Talarn.
The volunteers of this project are going to do different tasks in the Conca de Tremp – Montsec Geopark project area:
- palaeontological heritage of Isona i Conca Dellà (washing and sorting sediments, restorations and conservations of the palaeontological deposits, conservation of the signs of the Conca Dellà Museum);
- mining heritage of the Torre de Capdella municipality (maintenance of trails and old wagon trails, identification of the trail);
- natural and landscpae heritage of Talarn (sign posts and maintenance of trails).
2013 – 2016: 1st – 4th edition
The project links community actions and the study and dissemination of the Earth Sciences due to the importance and richness of the geology and palaeontology in la Conca de Tremp.
During the last editions, different actions have been carried out within the area of the Conca de Tremp-Montsec project, such as in Nerets (Vilamitjana) which is a cultural, palaeontological and landscape area of interest in the municipality.
The proposal is addressed to young people between 18 and 25 all over the world and each edition has a maximum of 24 participants.
News at TV3 from the 2013 edition (in Catalan).