The most important natural protected areas (ENP) in the Orígens Geopark are:
- ENP Serra de Boumort: Boumort National Game Reserve was created with the aim to protect, promote and take advantage of the wild animal species and to preserve the ecosystems where they belong to. It has an extension of 13.097 ha and you can find a typical Pre-Pyrenean landscape with sharp mountain ranges and a variety of reliefs that offers a high diversity.
- ENP Collegats – Queralt: Collegats canyon, with a length of 5 km is a narrow stripe between the high rock walls where the river Pallaresa opens its path through. Collegats canyon, together with Rocs de Queralt, belongs to a natural space of national interest.
- ENP Montcortés Lake: The waters of the lake come from am internal spring. It is between 20 and 40 metres deep. This lake area is one of the most important bird reserves in the Pyrenees due to the high diversity of migratory birds. It also has some species of flora and fauna which are rarely represented in the Pyrenean territory.
- ENP Vall Alta Serradell – Terreta – Serra de Sant Gervàs: It should be highlighted its remarkable landscape and geomorphologic interest due to the erosion forms of the geologic materials and the significant difference in height. Isolated forests and the inaccessibility to the deepest parts of the valley have preserved this relatively fragile environment where we can highlight raptor species.
- ENP Estanys de Basturs: It is a unique and fragile ecosystem with an area of about 37 ha. It currently has two ponds: one almost circular in shape, larger, with a conical basin, and another smaller one (Estany Xic), located to the northwest of the first.
- ENP Serres del Montsec, Sant Mamet i Mitjana: Within this area there is Montrebei, a natural area considered one of the places with a highest natural and landscape importance of Catalonia. The walls of the canyon have more than 500 m of vertical drop, with a minimum width of 20 m. It has an extension of about 600 ha.
- ENP Vessants de la Noguera Ribagorçana
- Alt Pallars
The ENP (Natural Protected Areas) belong to the Special Plans of Natural Protection (PEIN) and are at the same time Natura 2000 spaces (SPA + SCI)
- Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici National Park Buffer Zone: The upper part of the Vall Fosca is part of this peripheral area, from which you can access the southern area of the only National Park of Catalonia.
- Stewardship lands (Mur, Brugal, Collegats, Costa Ampla, Castell d’Encús): Natural spaces managed by the Estació Biològica del Pallars Jussà, a non-profit association, which guarantees their conservation and carries out educational and dissemination tasks.